It’s springtime,which means new life…the flowers are blooming, the sun is coming out. To be honest, it’s my favorite time of the year. Well, except for the fact it usually means I have managed to hibernate most of the winter indoors, therefore taking in much more than I needed. When the sun starts shining regularly and the temps go above 70 this girl wants to be outdoors, but I don’t want to come home to a cluttered house. Especially my room, which is right where I head to refresh and rest (on my new Nature’s Sleep Mattress) right after a long day out at the beach with my kids.
Today, I just want to share a few tips with you on how to make your bedroom feel refreshed and new, just like all those pretty flowers we see this time of the year. First, and most importantly, make sure you have an amazing mattress, because how else are you going to have a good nights rest (which you will need for all that spring cleaning)? We have the Cayman Gel Mattress and LOVE IT! Now, with the Nature’s Sleep mattresses, they are a little different than the mattresses you will usually see. How exactly? Well, check out my unboxing video to see…
What better way to redecorate than with a new bed, right?! While a new bed is grand, it doesn’t make the whole room fix itself, so, here are a few more tips on getting your bedroom refreshed and renewed!
- Get rid of dark, not so current curtains. Yes, those curtains were in this home, when we moved in and we just never took them down. They are definitely not timeless, and honestly make me think of the 70’s. They were aged and dingy. So, they were the first thing to come down.
- If, like me, you are storing clothes on a rack in your room, you are making your room seem so much smaller. Go through your closet, I know you have clothes in there you don’t wear. Get rid of them, donate them, however you have to make room for overflow in your closet…do it. I am a fan of fashion, so I have a lot of clothes, but to be honest there was quite a bit I didn’t wear. Cleaning it out allowed me to take the rack out and voila, space..for a reading nook.
- Look at your room, I mean really look at it and take note of what is in there. If it’s not something you need in a bedroom, get rid of it. I speak from experience, having random things in there, will clutter it up super fast. So, get rid of what you won’t use in your bedroom! Is it trash, will I want it later, would I get onto my kids for keeping something like this in their room? Those are good questions to ask when cleaning out your room.
- Add something antique, while, yes, it is old, it is timeless. Add a new comforter, add something new to your walls. With spring, can come a fresh start, why not start with the room that is supposed to be where you refresh for every new day!
As I mentioned, at the beginning, starting with the mattress is so important, getting a good night sleep ensures you are 100% ready for whatever comes your way!
Nature’s Sleep wants to make sure you have the best nights sleep you possibly can and so right now they have an amazing deal for their toppers, to get you started! Just click on over to see what they offer. Be sure to use the code TOP40 and remember it’s only good 4/15-4/28 (don’t worry, I’ll be sure to keep you updated on their next special)
Don’t forget to join in the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month, for the #NaturesSleep twitter parties where you have the chance to win some awesome Nature’s Sleep goodies! It’s always at 1 PM est and you join in simply by joining in the conversation and using #NaturesSleep in your tweets!
How are you going to start spring cleaning your room and which Nature’s Sleep mattress could you see yourself dreaming on??
Latest posts by Toni Patton (see all)
- Pensacola Beach’s ‘Bands on the Beach’ 2017 Lineup #Travel - February 21, 2017
- Sick Day Must Haves! #SickJustGotReal #Ad - February 17, 2017
- Easy Cheesy Buffalo Dip Recipe - February 15, 2017