The day o’ green AKA St. Patricks day is upon us. It’s going to be all about four-leaf clovers, green, lucky happenings, green…oh yeah, and more green. With the green holiday here I thought it would be fun to share a fun St. Patricks Day treat that are simply to make. Not to mention, tasty to enjoy!
St. Patricks Day dipped pretzels are super easy to make. And the ingredient list is super simple:
Three ingredients, that’s it! The best part is, the kids will have a blast helping make these! They don’t just have to be for St. Paddy’s day, if you are having a game day and your favorite team has green as their color…these will be perfect. If your kiddo LOVES minecraft, like mine do, a green themed birthday party may be in store! No matter what holiday, team, or party you make these dipped pretzels for, they will be a hit!
- 1 Bag pretzel rods
- 1 Bag green Wilton candy melts
- 1 Bag white Wilton candy melts
- Cooling Rack
- 2 Deep microwave safe bowls
- Place the bag of green candy melts into the bowl and microwave for 1 minute and stir. Continue to microwave the candy melts for 30 seconds at a time and then stir until they are completely melted.
- Repeat this step with the white candy melts.
- Hold a pretzel rod over the bowl of green candy melts angled down. Start spooning green candy over the end of the pretzel rod, until coated to your liking.
- Shake off the excess candy over the bowl, and stand the pretzel rod in the cooling rack (cooling racks are perfect for this). Put in fridge for faster drying.
- Once the pretzel rods are completely dry, hold them over the bowl of white candy melts and drizzle on some white candy in thin lines. This is easiest if you take a spoonful of white candy, hold it up above the bowl and let it start drizzling down, once you have a small steady stream, move the spoon back and forth quickly over the green candy covered pretzel rod.
- Stand pretzel rods in cooling rack to allow candy melt to set. Put in fridge to set quicker.
- When dried completely, enjoy your pretzel rods, place in a container for storage, or place in clear candy bags for gifting.
Family and friends will LOVE these this St. Paddy’s Day, so be sure to make some this weekend. Have you ever made dipped pretzels before?
Latest posts by Toni Patton (see all)
- Dove Wants To Know, Who Do You Feel Beautiful For? #FeelBeautifulFor #ad - November 21, 2014
- Fergie Talks Motherhood, AMAs, Music, and More #ABCTVEvent - November 21, 2014
- Why You’ll Fall In Love With Disney’s Feast #BigHero6Event - November 20, 2014