This is a sponsored post as part of the Shaklee Corporation blogger program. I have received free products, online support and incentives for participating in the ShakleeCorporation blogger program. My opinions are my own. People following the weight-loss portion of the Shaklee 180™ Program can expect to lose 1-2 pounds per week.
With summertime here I am doing my best to go from flab to fab. I am on that road thanks to Shaklee 180™ and getting more active this summer. Check out some of the summer activities my family and I are doing to get in better shape (and have fun while doing it)
If you can’t have fun while staying active in the summer, what can you do. Swimming at the beach, going to the waterpark that has a bazillion stairs, or climbing up the inflatable slide with 40 steps over and over again, make staying active fun.
During the summer, it’s important for me to keep not only myself, but my kids active too. If it were up to them they would be on video games or devices all day long. I want them to have an active lifestyle later in life and to do that habits usually need to start younger. Trust me, it’s hard enough to want to be active when you are older and were active (I was in dance for 15 years) your younger life.
A few more summer activities that can be fun for the family:
- Go on a nature hike, get walking and find all that nature has to offer.
- Kayak or paddle board. Both of these work your body even more than you realize because you are having fun while doing it.
- Roller skating. Whether outside or a local indoor rink this is a great workout and fun for the kids
- Ride a bike. We all used to do it as kids, why not get a bike as an adult and have a family cycle night.
There are so many different ways to stay active during the summer. Find something that works for you and your family, and start that family activity night..a great way to stay healthy and spend time together as a family.
How are you staying active in the summer?
Latest posts by Toni Patton (see all)
- THE BEST EVER Netflix News!!!! - November 30, 2016
- Where Did The Passion Go? - November 29, 2016
- Hallmark Channel’s “My Christmas Dream” #CountdowntoChristmas this Saturday, Nov 19th at 8pm/7c! - November 16, 2016