Being a wife, mom, woman, blogger, and whatever other hat I am wearing definitely induces stress some days. Stress could be caused from the kids fighting over an electronic, differing views on what we should have for dinner, or that post that is due like NOW that I forgot about until last minute. No matter the cause stress wrecks havoc on me, my emotions, my body, and it really can affect those around me. So today I want to share a few tips for stress relief tips I have in hopes that they will help you as much as they do me. Which means it’s time for…
- Pray. One of the first things I personally do when I am stressed, is pray. I take a moment to reflect on all the blessings in my life and thank God for them. That really helps my mood lighten and remember that good times are on the horizon.
- Take a soak in a bath. I love to get into the hot water and use my lavender bath salts. They really calm me down and the hot bath just always does the trick.
- Escape into a book. When I am feeling overwhelmed I love to grab a book and just escape into the story. If only for just a bit, I can not worry about what is going on around me but rather immerse myself into a story that is not mine.
- Sing and dance! Sometimes the best stress relief is to just pump the music up loud (80′s for me) sing at the top of your lungs and dance around.
- Play a game. Bring out the board games, head to your game console, grab your phone with all those game apps or play online games. I admit I am a game junkie when it comes to stress relief, especially games on my phone on online. Whether I am playing a game like FoxyBingo online or Monopoly on my iPhone I have as much fun as the kids playing games. It definitely brings a smile to my face!
- Have a night out. Go on a date with your special someone or a night out with the girls. Both of those always bring a smile to my face.
- Head to a spa. Relax, get a massage, a simple release of tension in your body can definitely make you less stressed.
- Go to a movie. There, honestly, are very few things I enjoy more than going to a movie alone. Kind of like a book, I can immerse myself into something other than my life for a few hours and walk out feeling refreshed.
Stress is definitely not a fun aspect of life and it can lead to some not so fun moments…just ask my kids and husband when I’ve snapped at them. Take a moment just to sit back and do whatever you need to do to relieve the stress. You (and your family/friends) will thank yourself for it.
What are some tips you have for stress relief?