The countdown is on for the kids, 2.5 days left of school and they will be out for summer. We are ready to have a blast and take on the next 3 months. We have lots of summer fun planned! Here are a few of the things we will be doing this summer:
- Beachin’ It Up! We live 5 minutes from our local beach, so you can be assured there will be a lot of fun in the sun days for us this summer.
- Travel. I have a girls getaway trip in June with some friends to go see….NKOTB in Orlando. It’s going to be so much fun! The family will be taking a trip to Arkansas and Alabama to visit family we haven’t seen in a few years. Getting to see family during the summer is so special for us.
- Movies, Lots of Movies. We have a years worth of movie passes and this summer there are some fun movies coming out, so I forsee those rainy days at the theater. Not to mention the free movies the theater has each Tuesday and Thursday, that’s always a must for us.
- Grillin’ Get Togethers. There is just something about getting a big group together and grilling out that says “SUMMERTIME”. You can bet you will find us with friends and family several times a month, grilling out with our Hebrew National hot dogs, accompanied by our favorite sides.
Speaking of favorite sides, one of my favorite side to eat during the summer is my avocado salad. I use the term salad loosely because there is no lettuce, but it’s still a salad to me. Not only do I use it for a healthy side when we grill out but I also love to eat this quite often at home for a quick lunch.
Avocado “Salad” Recipe *serves 4*
- 4 ripe avocados
- 2 small yellow onions (or white for a sweeter onion)
- 2 tomatoes
- Fresh Lemon
- Remove skin and seed from avocado, then cut avocado into cubes
- Remove outer layer from onion and cut into small cubes
- Cut tomato into small cubes
- Add all to dish and squeeze fresh lemon over mixture, stir to coat.
- Serve (may add salt and/or pepper for added flavor)
**Sometimes I also change out the lemon juice for a bit of balsamic vinegar, SO GOOD**
I love how simple my avocado salad is to make and it’s such a summery recipe. As the days go by, we are ready to have a lot of summer fun with friends and family. We are ready to make this summer one to remember. What are some of your summer fun ideas??
Hebrew National tastes great because, for more than 100 years, we’ve adhered to the highest quality standards. Hebrew National Franks are made with premium cuts of 100% pure kosher beef, and contain no artificial flavors, no artificial colors, no by-products, and no fillers. Premium taste and high quality every time, for any occasion. That’s our guarantee. Learn about even more reasons to love Hebrew National, and tell us why you love them, too! www.facebook.com/HebrewNational
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Hebrew National via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Hebrew National.
Latest posts by Toni Patton (see all)
- U By Kotex Glam Bag Sweeps Now Through 10/3! - September 2, 2015
- Get Him Game Day Ready With These NCAA Official Products - September 2, 2015
- Indulge, and Treat Yourself With Ice Cream - September 1, 2015