Summertime is the perfect time to break out the grill and enjoy some outside dinners with friends and family. Because the weather is beautiful in the evenings, it’s the perfect time to gather with friends and relatives, to enjoy good food with each other. Instead of your usual plain Jane BBQ or grilled food we have been adding a little extra flavor to our menu with Bertolli Pasta Sauce from Publix. I know what you’re thinking “Pasta sauce for grilling” and let me tell you before you think another thought, it’s delicious and compliments pretty much anything you can grill.
Want to grill some chicken breast? Brush on some Bertolli for a chicken parmesan style. Add a twist to your burgers and marinate them in the Portobello Mushroom with Merlot. The flavor possibilities are plenty. This past weekend we decided to grill out some Sirloin and Veggie Kabobs and some Italian Sausage and Veggie Kabobs using Bertolli Pasta Sauce as our baste!
Because I would rather spend time playing games, enjoying the company of family and friends, I wanted to keep it simple. So, I headed to my local Publix where they have all the ingredients in one place for a night on the grill!
- Mild Italian Sausage
- White Onions
- Green Bell Peppers
- Bertolli Pasta Sauces (we went with Portobello Mushroom and Merlot and Olive Oil and Garlic)
- Whole Corn
- Kabob Skewers
- Cube meat
- Slice Veggies into chunks
- Alternate putting meat and veggies on the skewers
- Brush with Bertolli Sauce
- Grill Until Done (the Italian sausage will take quite a bit longer than the sirloin so you may put it on ahead of the sirloin kabobs)
You can even add chicken chunks instead of the sirloin or sausage! We also grilled our corn. We let it soak in cold water for 15 minutes and then grilled it for 15 minutes, and it was the perfect side to our Kabobs. I love the twist basting the meat and veggies in Bertolli had. It took one of our favorite grilled meals and made it even better!
Why Grill With Bertolli? It’s like you are bringing Tuscany right to your grill and Bertolli is full of flavor. I had never thought to try using Bertolli Pasta Sauce for anything other than, well, pasta! I am so glad I decided to add it to the food we love to grill, and I can’t wait to try it on even more grillable foods! What about you, what would you grill using Bertolli Pasta Sauce?
Post sponsored by Mirum Shopper but all opinions are my own
Latest posts by Toni Patton (see all)
- Cheddar’s Scratch Kitchen Wants Us All To Inspire Goodness + $50 Gift Card Giveaway - March 21, 2017
- Raceday Food Ideas To Enjoy During the IMSA Racing Event - March 14, 2017
- Homemade Berry Sorbet - March 13, 2017