Here in our house, it’s definitely been the summer of the sandwich. With three kids who eat non-stop it’s been easier for me to just keep sandwich stuff on hand rather than cook for lunch AND dinner. Being a work at home parent, I don’t get the break during summer that they do. If I were fixing something for them each time they were hungry, I would spend ALL day in the kitchen. Keeping sandwich ingredients on hand helps them become a little more independent when it comes to fixing food and I can get the work done I need to.
I, myself, love a good sandwich, so when Mezzetta reached out to me asking if I’d like to use some of their products to create a new sandwich and share their Make That Sandwich giveaway I was all in. I love Mezzetta products, you will most certainly find a jar of both the garlic stuffed olives and the kalamata olives in my fridge at any given time.
In the mail came Mezzetta Kalamata Olives, Mezzetta Garlic Stuffed Olives, Mezzetta Homemade Style Marinara, Mezzetta Pepperocini, Mezzetta Italian Mix, and Mezzetta Sun Ripened Tomatoes. Honestly, I could eat everything right out of the jar, but I used self control…long enough to make my Tangy Italian Turkey Sandwich!
Tangy Italian Turkey Sandwich
- 2 slices bread
- 1 slice swiss cheese
- Mezzetta Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- Mezzetta Pepperocini
- Mezzetta Italian Mix
- Mezzetta Home Style Marinara
- Toast Bread (everything is better toasted..)
- Top one slice with swiss cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, pepperocinis, Italian mix, turkey, and marinara.
- Place other slice on top.
This sandwich was SO GOOD. I added some olives to my plate as a little side dish, instead of chips. The Tangy Italian Turkey Sandwich had a bit of tang to it due to the pickled veggies, peppers, but a smokey sweet flavor thanks to the marinara and sun-dried tomatoes. It’s by far one of the best sandwich creations I have come up with. If you are afraid of your bread getting soggy you can pour a little of the marina sauce on your plate and dip each bite.
Mezzetta wants you to share your sandwich creation in their Make That Sandwich contest, the winning sandwich will win $25,000. I think that’s incentive enough to get your creative juices flowing!!
One reader will win some Mezzetta products (not necessarily the ones pictured above) to help them create a perfect sandwich. Enter using the Giveaway Tools Form Below. (it make take a minute to load so be patient)
Giveaway has closed. Congrats to Brittney H.!
Latest posts by Toni Patton (see all)
- Enjoy A Retro Style Vacation At Cabana Bay Beach Resort @UniversalORL #CabanaBayResort #FacingFearsTogether - October 23, 2014
- Stay and Play At Universal Orlando’s CityWalk #FacingFearsTogether @UniversalORL #CityWalk - October 21, 2014
- Something to Smile About, Thanks to Cricket Wireless! Pitbull and Enrique Iglesias Tour - October 17, 2014