It’s National Tequila Day and while I am not a drinker this recipe sounds like the perfect food to celebrate the day. I received this recipe in my inbox, with permission to share and just knew I had to. Regardless of the day this looks like one that I will be trying soon. It’s from Cooking Light Way to Cook Grilling: The Complete Visual Guide to Healthy Grilling cookbook, from the editors of Cooking Light Magazine. Here is the recipe (again this is not my recipe but I have permission to share)…
|Tequila-Glazed Grilled Chicken Thighs||
- 1.5 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs (about 2 pounds), skinned
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons grated lime rind
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Cooking spray
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat using both burners. After preheating, turn the left burner off (leave the right burner on).
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl; rub evenly over chicken.
- Combine pineapple juice, tequila, and honey in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook until reduced to 3/4 cup (about 10 minutes). Combine cornstarch and 2 teaspoons water in a small bowl, and stir well. Add cornstarch mixture to juice mixture, stirring constantly with a whisk. Bring to a boil, and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, and stir in lime rind, 3 tablespoons lime juice, and red pepper.
- Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray over right burner (direct heat). Cover and grill 5 minutes on each side, basting occasionally with juice mixture. Move chicken to grill rack over left burner (indirect heat). Cover and grill an additional 5 minutes on each side or until done, basting occasionally.
Start the grilling over direct heat to get good grill marks and charred bits, and then move to indirect heat to gently finish the cooking. Serve with lime wedges.
CALORIES 241; FAT 7.6g (sat 2.1g, mono 2.8g, poly 1.7g); PROTEIN 18g; CARB 17.2g; FIBER 0.4g; CHOL 64mg; IRON 1.2mg; SODIUM 374mg; CALC 19mg
*Recipe is not my own, but I received permission to share and because it looked so yummy…I did.