Those 3 faces are my life. I would do anything to help them, protect them, become better, provide for them. It’s one of the job requirements that came when I had the priviledge of becoming a “Mama Bear” to 3 blessings. Being a mama bear means standing up for my kids when they can’t and there are times I have had to do that.
You don’t know how much the term “mama bear” means until you mess with one of my little cubs. I growl with fierceness when one of my cubs is harmed or bullied. Recently I had to show just how much of a mama bear I really become when my middle school son was being bullied. I didn’t hesitate to come to his rescue. Part of being a mom means letting your kids learn on their own but knowing when you need to step in and keep them safe.
A few things I do in hopes of being the perfect mama bear to my kids are:
- Provide healthy meals for them each day.
- Allow them to have that treat they have been eyeing just because I think they deserve it
- Protect, protect, protect
- Be their biggest cheerleader when they are learning how to maneuver life.
- Let them fall occasionally, as long as it’s not going to hurt them long term, so they can learn from mistakes.
Latest posts by Toni Patton (see all)
- U By Kotex Glam Bag Sweeps Now Through 10/3! - September 2, 2015
- Get Him Game Day Ready With These NCAA Official Products - September 2, 2015
- Indulge, and Treat Yourself With Ice Cream - September 1, 2015