Who remembers the Publisher’s Clearing House commercials? You know the ones where that famous van pulls up to present the winners their gigantic check!!! I always remember hoping that van would pull up to my front door, growing up. How good would it feel to win!!
Now, there is a different place I’d like to see that van (or the check more importantly) show up….to one of the three charities. And that’s exactly what will happen at the end of the PCH Give Back event. At the end of a four week vote on their facebook page, 3 charities will be awarded money to help with the missions they carry out.
The charity with the most votes will receive $50,000, second place will receive $35,000, and third will receive $25,000 respectively. I’d say that will be a win for everyone involved. Did you know that over 40% of PCH’s profits go to trusts for benefits of charities that support arts, human rights, the environment, medical research, education, and other trustworthy causes? Which makes what they are doing this holiday season remind us they are staying true to who the founders wanted them to be.
The three featured charities this year are:
- ASPCA: The mission of the ASPCA, as stated by Henry Bergh in 1866, is “to provide effective means for the prevention of cruelty to animals throughout the United States.”
- St. Jude: The mission of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is to find cures and save children. St. Jude opened in 1962 and was founded by the late entertainer Danny Thomas, who believed that no child should die in the dawn of life.
- USO: The USO lifts the spirits of America’s troops, their families, our wounded warriors and their families and the families of the fallen. The USO is a private, non-profit 501(C)3 organization.ASPCA: The mission of the ASPCA, as stated by Henry Bergh in 1866, is “to provide effective means for the prevention of cruelty to animals throughout the United States.”
By voting you also have the chance to win $5,000, actually three voters will. Each vote not only goes to helping a charity who are helping those who need it most, but also gets you an entry into the $5,000 giveaway. I’d say voting to help others and being able to take part in a contest that you might win is a, well, win/win. Be sure to head over and vote once per day and who knows, your favorite charity and YOU might just be a winner!
Publishers Clearing House is hosting the 3rd annual Give Back charity event! This year fans can vote for St Jude Childrens Research Hospital, The ASPCA, or the USO to receive a combined $100,000 in charitable donations! Plus three lucky voters will win $5000 from Publishers Clearing House!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Publishers Clearing House. The opinions and text are all mine.
Latest posts by Toni Patton (see all)
- Patriotic Dirt Cups Recipe, Easy Fourth Of July Dessert! - June 27, 2016
- Corn, Tomato and Avocado Salsa Recipe - June 21, 2016
- Otterbox Universe Case System at Best Buy! One Case. Endless Possibilities - June 18, 2016