Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and I wanted to share with you some super fun ideas from Nestle Family for this Valentine’s Day. ¬†Edible Valentine’s cards, yummy treats and fun add ons to send with your kiddo to school when it’s valentine card swap day.
Valentine Cookie Cards
- 2¬†packages¬†(16.5 ounces¬†each)¬†NESTL√Č¬ģ TOLL HOUSE¬ģ Refrigerated Sugar Cookie Bar Dough
- 1/2¬†cup pink, red and/or white frosting or decorator icing
- 21¬†NESTL√Č CRUNCH Hearts
- Pink, red and/or white candy sprinkles or hearts
- 21¬†small cellophane treat bags with ribbon or twist ties
PREHEAT oven to 325¬į F. Line 15 1/2 x 10 1/2-inch jelly-roll pan with foil.
PLACE two whole bars of dough in prepared pan. Allow to soften for 5 to 10 minutes. Using palms and fingertips, pat dough gently to fill the pan.
BAKE for 22 to 25 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack for 30 minutes. Invert onto wire rack; peel away foil. Cut away edges of dough to form a 14 x 9-inch rectangle. Measure and cut this rectangle into twenty-one 2 x 3-inch individual rectangles.
SPREAD frosting over cookie cards; top with Nestl√© Hearts and candies. Allow frosting to harden slightly (about 30 minutes) before putting into bags.
Cook’s Tip: Need more cookies in a hurry? Try our NESTL√Č TOLL HOUSE Valentine Hearts Sugar Cookies. These heart-shaped cookies are imprinted with Valentine’s Day phrases and decorating them is easy with the red icing packet that is included
Peanut Butter Heart Cups
- 36 NESTL√Č BUTTERFINGER or Milk Chocolate Hearts, unwrapped,¬†divided
- 15 small candy paper liners
- 1 cup of creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon of butter, softened
MICROWAVE 21 Nestl√© Hearts in medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute;¬†STIR. The Nestl√© Hearts may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until melted. With a small pastry brush, coat inside of 15 small candy paper liners with melted chocolate.
REFRIGERATE for 20 minutes; coat any thin spots. Refrigerate for an additional 30 minutes or until firm.
BEAT peanut butter, sugar and butter in small mixer bowl until creamy.
PEEL paper gently from chocolate cups. Fill each cup with 1 tablespoon peanut butter filling. Before serving, top each cup with 1 Nestl√© Heart. Store in refrigerator.
Last if you are looking for a little something extra for you little one to hand out in class on Valentine’s Day, Nestle has Wonka Sweetarts gift exchange. ¬†32 mini boxes you fold up all cutesy and inside is a pack of mini sweetarts. ¬†A fun valentine to hand out if you ask me. ¬†They also have Valentine’s using Butterfinger, Crunch bar, Pixy Stix, Laffy Taffy, Nerds, and Fun Dip. ¬†So pick out one of those fun valentines to hand out this year!
*I was not asked to post this I did it of my own accord because I love the ideas. ¬†Recipes and pictures are all from The Nestle Family site.
Latest posts by Toni Patton (see all)
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge #MonkeyKingdomEvent - April 24, 2015
- Hot Pursuit Starring Reese Witherspoon and Sofia Vergara, New Trailer #HotPursuit - April 23, 2015
- Backstage Tales Tour At Disney’s Animal Kingdom #MonkeyKingdomEvent - April 23, 2015