The VTech InnoTab® 2S is perfect for on the go fun!
My kids, especially my daughter, are very into playing games. When I got my iPad I think she thought it was hers. Lucky for me, Mom Central, asked a few of us to try out the VTech InnoTab® S2. A great way for me to get my tablet back and let her have some fun on the go. One thing that sets the VTech InnoTab® 2S apart from other kid friendly tablets is it’s ability to connect to your wifi network for seamless downloading of fun!
Included in the box was the VTech Innotab 2S, a usb, instructions, 2 stylus’, and one game cartridge. The game does require 4 AA batteries so make sure to pick those up, as they are not included.
The VTech Innotab 2S is a tablet perfectly sized for little hands with a 5 inch screen. On the tablet there is a cam so your child can take photos and videos just like most tablets out there. The cam is rotatable, so you kiddo can take photos of themselves or others. You will want to make sure you are in a very well lit area, as there is no flash, and even in well lit areas picture quality isn’t the greatest. It’s also touch screen, but we found using the included stylus to be a little more precise than using touch. It comes with 2GB memory but can be expanded up to 32GB so plenty of storage for those games you will be wanting to add to it.
There are some preloaded games on the VTech InnoTab 2S and an included cartridge so they can get started right away. The first thing my daughter did, after photos of course, was check out the art studio. If there is any type of drawing to be done, the girl is going to find it. Also included on the tablet (found on the home screen) is: e-reader, games, camera, video recorder, notes, photos, videos, music, wish list maker, cartridge button, downloads, calculator, friends, clock, calendar, and settings. Most are pretty self explanatory but let me explain a few.
- Cartridge is just what it says. Whatever cartridge you have inserted is what will be there. Hit the cartridge button and it will take you to the games/activities/books that are on whichever you have inserted.
- Wish List Maker. In wish list maker, once you have registered the tablet, your child will be able to add their “wishes” and you will know what they would like to add to their InnoTab 2S. This will definitely come in handy for Christmas and birthdays.
- Downloads. Once an app has been bought (or free ones have been approved) your child can simply go into the download area and add the new items.
So far, we have been enjoying the pre-installed games and included cartridge and haven’t connected it to wi-fi yet, but when we do the instructions are fairly easy (click on photo for original size):
So far, we are having a blast taking photos, making videos, coloring photos that come to life. I know if we are having this much fun already we are going to have a blast as we add to our game/app collection! Definitely a gift that will bring a smile to someones face this Christmas!
Does your child have a tablet of their own??
**I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for VTech and received a VTech InnoTab 2S to facilitate my review.
Latest posts by Toni Patton (see all)
- Best Whole Roasted Chicken Recipe EVAH! - March 1, 2017
- Are You A Netflix Cheater? Plus, Here’s What’s Coming To Netflix In March 2017 #StreamTeam - February 28, 2017
- Pensacola Beach’s ‘Bands on the Beach’ 2017 Lineup #Travel - February 21, 2017