Over at Mama’s Losin It she hosts Writers Workshop Wednesday…well I am posting mine a day last but better late than never right! I chose the “If I could live in any era of history, which would it be and list 10 reasons why”
Personally I would have loved to have lived in the 50’s and my reasons for that are as follows:
1) Poodle skirts, I would wear a poodle skirt today if I knew people wouldn’t look at me like I needed to be locked up.
2) ELVIS if for no other reason to want to live in that era, he would be reason enough.
4) The cars! You tell me all the cars from the past are not freaking awesome and I will quickly point out that the lamborghini you drive while yes is sleek holds not a candle to the cars from back then in coolness.
5)People actually new their neighbors and were friends with them. Everybody new everyone!
6)The men in the 50’s were all hot!!! Well all the pictures I have seen anyways.
7) They had cool hairstyles!
8) Curves were accepted, models and actresses during that time actually had meat on their bones and *gasp* it was considered beautiful.
9) The music! I love me some 50’s music. I remember being small and my grandmother always singing me songs from that time and have had a fondness of it all my life. They just don’t make it like that anymore.
10) I would have loved to have been there to see the very first McDonalds or even just the diners from then.
Those are the reasons I would to have loved to been in the 50’s era. What era would you have loved to lived in?
Latest posts by Toni Patton (see all)
- Binge Watch Your Favorite Series On Netflix #StreamTeam - February 28, 2015
- A Multi-Generational Disney Party Has Something For Everyone #DisneySide - February 28, 2015
- Pica Preschool App Review + Giveaway - February 27, 2015